Saturday, March 7, 2015

White Noise

Danny and I were together for what seems like a lifetime..well, I guess it was a lifetime in a way.  It was our lifetime.  We were 15 and 16 years old when we started "going out" in high school.  We had our ups and downs along the way but we always found our way back to each other.  Twelve years we were together and to this day I don't know anyone as loud, outgoing and just go-go-go as Danny.  Picture the Energizer Bunny.. jack him up, throw some aviator sunglasses and a man-tank on him, don't you dare call him a BUNNY...and you have Danny.  He was either telling jokes (or trying to tell someone else's), singing, jumping around, dancing, or rearranging the living room.  I'm not kidding, he moved the furniture around at least once a week, even if he put it right back.  He just had to be doing something.
As I sit here in my living room that has been the exact same since the day I moved into this apartment, I miss Danny. I wish he were here to yell at me for being lazy and not wanting to help move the couch.
The flag that draped his coffin is displayed on the wall above where I am sitting, a photo of his boots hangs across from me.  Silence and thoughts of my husband.
The white noise is haunting and the buzz of the refrigerator is a reminder of what I used to have.

1 comment: